Monday, January 26, 2009

Super Good Skookie




When I was in Hawaii my sister introduced me to the pazookie. Its a delicious warm cookie topped with ice cream, and so gooey warm it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Well some smart marketer decided he could sell a "skookie" which is a small cast iron pan with little pot handles, so you can cook your cookie in a skillet. Pretty smart idea. So I was doing my Christmas shopping and told my sister Ashley that I was going to get Teddy a skookie, because I knew how much he loves his sweets. She told me that was a dumb idea and that he wouldn't like it. End of story...well sort of. So I bought it for him anyhow. On Christmas morning Ashley gives me a gift and it was quite heavy...and to my surprise it was a skookie maker. I must say that Teddy was so excited about it. So the next present I get was Teddy's, which happened to be the same shape and size, so my dad makes this comment, "oh look Teddy got his own." And then he opened it up and found his own skookie maker. We all had a good laugh. Ash told me it was dumb, because she had already bought me one, and I didn't tell her that I got one for Teddy, because she thought it was dumb. So we created our first Skookie on Sunday. I must say it looks better than the one on the box. It was a fun little treat. Ash, Dad and I shared one, and JB....well he pretty much ate his own:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! That makes my mouth water just looking at it! I fell in love with skookies in Logan at Firehouse Pizza....so good! And the funny thing is, my sister bought a few for family parties for our Christmas too! That's what we should make AFTER we go to dinner on Tuesday!

    I'm so glad that you have a blog now! This will be so fun! And let me know if you weren't able to log into mine after I made it private...not sure if I did it right. Well, have a good one and can't wait to see you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete