Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Night Laundry

Yes it is Friday night and I am doing laundry. I figured I was extremely productive today so I didn't want to stop when I got home. Since I am the DECA advisor at my school we had a competition which means I had to prepare sub plans, and then find out that they weren't followed. ( Other teachers will understand how frustrating this is)

We also had our rival school Basketball game tonight. We planned a little Jag Bash, and I helped prepare food for 250 students. It was a fun time, but we didn't win. To bad, I even let them paint a little paw print on my check.

I had to stop at Wal*Mart afterwards to pick up some supplies for Emma's party and Hunter's blessing tomorrow. I asked my niece what she wanted for her birthday? Her reply, "playdough and barbie clothes." There is an entire aisle at Wal*Mart dedicated to Barbie merchandise and other princess crap...I mean other princess stuff. I figured I would be able to find something pretty for her barbie doll, but to my dismay Barbie really dresses like a little...how do I say this nicely...a hooker. Okay it wasn't nice but really what happened to pretty formal dresses and fun shoes, boy how things have changed.

By this time its 9:30 and I figured I might as well be productive while I am still awake, hence the laundry. It doesn't stop there either, I also cleaned the kitchen and then opened the fridge to have a bottle of jam fall and break on the floor. Then I cleaned all the hair out of the vacuum, I think having three girls live in the same place is almost just as bad as a dog with all our hair.

I am excited for tomorrow...a family party. Did I ever mention that I have the greatest family in the world. Well I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment