Monday, January 19, 2009

No School

I feel a bit selfish, here it is a day off of school and I didn't even reflect until about 6:00 pm the reason why? I am so thankful for my civil rights and for all those who have fought so hard to protect them. Since I get to live in this great country I am granted those freedoms, and I know I take them for granted. I sometimes ponder why? Why did I get chosen to live here in this country, in this state, in this city, at this particular time, to my amazing family? I must have a purpose. I don't think I truly live up to it sometimes. Although its a new year and a big change for me. I have been reflecting on my past and want to be a better person. I have made some big goals for 2009, and I am going to accomplish them!

So since we didn't have school today, I got to sleep in. I will admit my alarm went off at 10:30, but I stayed in bed pondering my life until about 11. About that time, I got up sent off an email and made me some delicious eggs. I then went down into my basement to finish cleaning up a mess that my dad and I made a few weeks ago. My dad helped me sheet rock a small room and put up some shelves so I can organize the basement. And when I say my dad helped me, I mean he did 95% of the work while I watched him. We did have some good bonding time especially the days after Christmas while I was a emotional wreck. My dad is so amazing and he is such a great guy. I will be so blessed to find a man who is quality like my father.

After sweeping up mounds of sawdust and sneezing my head off, (You see I have a slight allergy to dust) I finally got ready for the day. My mom, my sister and I went to do a little shopping. The goal was to find a dress for her wedding, and I actually did, and it was on sale! It was awesome. I then picked up a few other items...not on the list, but I am quite excited about my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment