Monday, April 6, 2009

Two negatives= one positive


I think thats true, at least I remember learning something like that in math. I had a really hard last week, someone that I truely love really really hurt me. It was tough. I even had to take a sick day, because I couldn't get out of bed. I am trying not to feel sorry for myself, but what do you do when it consumes all your thoughts?


However, I was extremely glad that it was General Conference. I love conference. I haven't always loved conference, but while I was in college I had an institute teacher tell us that if we pray about our concerns and write them down, they will be addressed and answered in conference. It happened to be a Saturday conference and my family and I were driving home from Idaho, where we just had a funeral for my dear sweet cousin. I was praying all week for some peace and comfort from his death. It was President Monson, his talk was titled something like "think to thank". I am not really sure exactly what he said, but I remember finally feeling some peace and comfort about my cousins death.


Ever since then, I make it a point to write down my concerns and pray that they will be addressed. I can give you countless times, when I have felt the lords tender mercies for me. The same was with this conference. It is like a couple of the talks were written just for me. Elder Hollands talk was quite powerful, he is such an amazing speaker. Some of his words brought chills to my arms. And once again, I felt the unconditional love of my savior. The only one who has expirenced all the emotional pain and anger that I have felt all week. I noticed that an overall theme was to be cheerful. So that is what I have decided to do. Sometimes being cheerful is just a front, but eventually I know I will be happy again.


A random blurb: You see I have this tiny tiny spider in my bathroom. It is just chilling on my ceiling. In fact it was there a couple of days ago, then it disapeared and now its back. (Hopefully its the same one) I used to freak out, and would make someone come and squish it. But for some reason I haven't yet...seriously maybe there is something wrong with me.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, keep your chin up. Look outside at the beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete