Tuesday, November 10, 2009

wow....

WOW...is the word. My sister Lou called me on Sunday about 12:45, "congratulations you have a new little nephew. 9.7 oz, 22 inches long". My response...in tears....WOW! I am so excited for Lynsie and Ezra they have waited so long. I can't help to think how much I want to be a mom, how much I want to start my own little family. I know it will happen one day! I also got a call from a sweet close friend tonight. She told me she has breast cancer, she is my age and she has breast cancer....WOW. I didn't know what to say, what do you say? I am constantly reminded how precious life really is...looking at the miracle of a new born baby and learning that life can be changed instantly. I was reading in first Nephi, its the part where Nephi has to get food for the fam, but everyone is murmuring so its not working out the best for him. There is the part of the scripture that says "by small means the lord can accomplish great things" or something similar. Isn't that so true. The lord wants us to be great! I can be great! We all can be great! In order to be great we have to do the small simple things. Thats my random thoughts of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got around to catching up on blogs! Thank you for the little shout out to us and Cy. You brought tears to my eyes and I know you will be a great mother too! I love being a mom even though its exhausting and pushing that big boy out was a little tricky. I love you and Heavenly Father sent us our little guy by small and simple things too. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete