Wednesday, July 15, 2009

summer days


I have had the opportunity to serve a couple times at the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I am so excited to have a new temple five miles away. The temple is absolutely beautiful inside and out. Today I worked the 11-4 shift and was helping with transportation and parking. I actually got to greet every car as it came in and I couldn't believe where people came from. California, New York, Iowa, Canada, Texas, Washington, and Colorado just to name a few. I have three temples that I can see from my back porch, I seriously am so blessed.

I had a slumber party with my niece again. We had such a good time and she says the funniest things. For example, her mom asked her if she slept good, her reply." I didn't get any sleep because aunt Amy was snoring so loud." I admit I could have been snoring, but she did sleep at least until 6:15 when she woke up...super early. Then she was in my closet and asked if she could try on my shoes. She picked out this gold pair and then asked if she could try walking int them, and then said these almost fit. I laughed. She walked over to my mirror and then came back for another pair. This pair was white patented leather, she then asked me if those were my wedding shoes, because they looked like glass slippers. It was so cute, she would then walk over to my mirror and admire them, take them off and then back for another pair. When she was done I had about ten pairs in front of my mirror, and her favorite were the pink pair of glass slippers. I knew I owned alot of shoes, but I never knew I owned that many pairs of glass slippers.


1 comment:

  1. That is so flippin cute! I can't wait to see my cute niece. OH and I definitely can't wait to see my beautiful sister who owns all the glass slippers. I can't wait to see the Oquirrh Temple. I'm sure it's absolutely beautiful! Did Emma enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete